Looking for international teaching positions?

Do you feel stalled in your career? Whether you are seeking to develop professionally, change up your regular routine or set off on a new adventure, perhaps the change you’ve been looking for is abroad. Have you thought of whether an international school is the next move for you?

International schools bring together students and staff from around the world, and can offer a teacher the opportunity to develop their skills in multicultural communication, English as an Additional Language learning, leadership and more. At the British School in The Netherlands, teachers choose to come to the Netherlands for all different reasons, but they find the community within and around the school to be inspiring and welcoming.

Taking the Leap

We asked some staff to share what inspired them to seek an international teaching experience.

I spent the summer of 2014 travelling around central and southern America by myself. It was the first time I had ever travelled on my own and decided to throw myself into the deep end. During the summer my eyes were opened to the possibility of other cultures and, by the time I returned to the U.K, I knew there had to be more to experience than what I already knew.

– Louis, Junior School Teacher

I wanted to see a different country. Thought I would do one year abroad and then go home. That was 12 years ago.

– Matt, Deputy Head (Learning & Teaching)

Could a move abroad be the in the cards for you? Take our quiz to find out!

About Us

The British School in The Netherlands provides an international, inspirational and individual education for our students, encompassing high academic achievement as well as a broad and balanced experience that develops the whole person.

Want to learn more about living and working in the Netherlands? Find more information and see vacancies here.

17 Comments

• Shirley Denis says:

Would love to take the next move abroad.

• Jaisingh Katta says:

Hi!
    I am Jaisingh, from India. I am Post Graduate in English and working as a teacher in a government school here. I am looking for an international career. What courses do you offer for Teaching career?

• Ayman Harahsheh says:

Hi! I have been teaching English for 6 years. I’ve taught different curricula like American Heady, Reading Street, Aim High, Top Score, and other curricula published by Oxford, Maccmillan
    and cambridge. I’ve got a Master’s degree in English. I am passionate to teach abroad.

• BSN Communications says:

Hi Ayman, thank you for your interest in the BSN! Please note, any applicants for teaching jobs must already possess a permit to work in the EU.

• Faith Samson says:

Hi! Do you offer work permit? Thank you.

• BSN Communications says:

Hi Faith, thanks for your question. Unfortunately we do not sponsor work permits, so all applicants must already possess a valid permit to work in the EU.

• Naji Kayed Zaid says:

Hi dear colleagues
    I am a Jordanian English teacher, 60 yrs, who has been doing teaching for about 40 years now. I love my job since I was born for this profession. I am proud that I have been participating in developing different parts of the small village of the world.

• Cindy Elisabeth Lim says:

I’ve been an educator in settings from pre-school right up to university for more than 20 years. I’m looking for a change of environment right now.

• BSN Communications says:

Hi Cindy, thank you for your interest in the BSN. All job postings are placed on our job site: bsn.homerun.co. Please note: all job applicants must already possess a valid permit to work in the EU.

• Thanusha De Silva says:

I would love to teach abroad with wonderful different people for a change

• Mark Adriaans says:

Hi, I am a South African English language and literature teacher with a BA(HDE) in English. be

I am currently teaching English language arts in Saudi Arabia until May 2019.

I am interested in teaching at your schools…

• BSN Communications says:

Hi Mark, thank you for your interest in the BSN. Any applicants for teaching jobs must already possess a permit to work in the EU. All job postings are placed on our job site: bsn.homerun.co. Hope that helps answer your questions!

• Mahesh Ranatunga says:

Hi,

I’m currently reading for the BA in English Language. I have joined to an international school to get teaching experience as well. Once I obtained my degree with few years of experience, can I work in Netherlands? Also please let me know whether there are any online teaching opportunities as well.

Thanks

• BSN Communications says:

Hi Mahesh, thank you for your interest in the BSN. We do not have any online teaching opportunities. Any applicants for teaching jobs must already possess a permit to work in the EU. Hope that helps answer your questions!

• Syeda Saman Jamshaid says:

Dear Sir/ Madam ,

I am writing to apply for the position of Early Years/Primary Teacher role. I am a dedicated and qualified early childhood teacher with a passion for children’s learning and care, and experience working in preschool environments with children aged two-to-five.
    In my previous role, I was responsible for delivering creative learning, differentiated activities and KAGAN Cooperative activities to up to 24 children aged four to five. I also work with other teachers to help crafts the center’s curricula and weekly lesson planning according to Virginia standards and American Common Core Curriculum. I have developed strong skills in creating fun and interactive learning activities and materials, observing and reporting on children, families, and staff.
    I have taught Early Years Program Foundation Stage two for four years in GEMS Cambridge International UK National Curriculum school Abu Dhabi. I teach mixed ability Kindergarten and Foundation stage two which I enjoy, as it has made it necessary for my main professional development target to be on differentiation and this is something that I am constantly working on and improving.
    In addition to being a very organized teacher, I am creative and enthusiastic, and sensitive to children’s individual needs. I possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as solid computer skills. I am fully qualified with Masters of Education (M-Ed). I have completed my PGCE (Leading Learning and Teaching) (UKPASS) from University of Dundee Scotland UK. I believe that the quality of education a person receives in early life is indispensable in bringing out that person’s potential and that all children should have access to quality learning and care. These notions are encapsulated in Early Years Learning Framework, whose principles I fully support.
    I believe that I would be a valuable addition to the team at your reputed school where I can continue to help kids learn in a fun, creative and safe environment, and contribute to their growth and well being.
    I look forward with great anticipation to discussing with you the many ways in which I can make a significant contribution to your educational program. Your team will benefit from my abilities to outperform expectations, project timelines within competitive and deadline-driven environments I have detailed my education background in my resume for your review. Please review my resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I will look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards,
    Syeda Saman Jamshaid
    +923305346077 Pakistan ( Currently residing in Pakistan).

• BSN Communications says:

Dear Syeda, thank you for your interest in the BSN. You can find current job openings and directions on how to apply on our job website: https://bsn.homerun.co/. If you find an open role suiting your expertise, I urge you to submit your cover letter and resume through those channels, as we cannot consider your post here as an application for a role. Please note, applicants already must possess a permit to work in the EU before being considered. Hope that helps!